Completion of Phase I, IIA and IIB
Deepening the knowledge in Books A-D and all the accompanying material (estimated time after IIB about 1-2 years)
Basic knowledge in Books E and F and Yellow pages I-III and the chamber music and orchestra material
Sending video recordings
At the latest six months before enrolling Phase III the participants send a data file (DVD, SD card, USB key etc.) with video recordings of their own Colourstrings© lessons to:
The Colourstrings Association
c/o East Helsinki Music Institute
00820 Helsinki, Finland
The video recordings must include
Pieces or exercises of free choice from the Colourstrings© Books A, B, C and D, recorded with students of level A, B, C and D during their normal lesson
- Teaching of scales and Kreutzerini
- Students performing in public pieces of free choice from the Colourstrings© Rascals Books, Sonatini or Duettini books
- The duration should be between 20-30 minutes, including group and individual teaching.
Members of the Colourstrings™ tutors team will comment on the video recordings and give advice particularly in:
- Appropriate and relaxed playing positions
- Intonation and rhythm quality
- Sound quality including the facility of the bow, phrasing and musicality
- “Inner hearing” of the students
Content of the phase
Content of the 3rd phase in Trossingen (1st – 7th of October 2018)
- We will watch and analyse the teaching videos of the participants.
- We will watch and analyse videos taken from lessons given at the East-Helsinki-Music-Institute.
- Participants are giving a little talk (10-15 minutes) about a topic of own choice of the Colourstrings method
- Practical workshops and teaching demonstrations with children: The CS trainers and participants will give teaching demonstrations and we will together analyse and reflect the demonstrations based on different pedagogical aspects.
- Lectures and Workshops introduce and analyse the advanced teaching material Colourstrings Yellow pages 1, 2, and 3 and Books E and F in playing and teaching, as well as the Colourstrings chamber music material.
- Participants will perform some of the Rascals and Sonatinis and the trainers may give some advice on the musical concept behind the pieces.
- Participants will form an orchestra and together we will go through some principals of working with a beginner string orchestra. Participants are encouraged to conduct as well.
- Solfége lessons
Growth and development take time.
Learning takes practice.
Take your time!
Become a certified Colourstrings© teacher in 4-5 years!